Click to Copy Copied
0 currently playing
Online Players

MCAlagaesia Network

A Theory... a BOOK theory

7 replies
Dragon Eggs:
+1
So... I guess there is a headcanon thread but... yeah... I feel this would feel out of place with stuff like "Roran likes spaghetti". I want to propose a theory on who the most powerful person is in the entire Inheritance Cycle. I believe it is... Tenga. That's right, that weird dude thats in one chapter and thats it. You may think that he was useless for the plot, and he is an unimportant character right? Well think again, because this guy is way more powerful than Galbatorix and Eragon. Lets look at the time it took for Galbatorix to find the Name of the Ancient Language, shall we? It took about forty years, and that was with a stone tablet that said what it was. Now look at Tenga, he is a strange fellow. He has twelveish scrolls that were rare among the elves, he taught Angela some pretty overpowered magic, and he was very close to finding the Name of the Ancient Language in Brisingr. We can assume that by Inheritance he had found it by then. This was without the fancy tablet that Galbatorix had, and it was most likely in less time too. So what are your thoughts? Any arguments? I would also appreciate more supporting details.
Posted Jan 28, 18 · OP
Hellomynameis99 Project Lead
Shop Tokens:
+26,290
Dragon Eggs:
+581
I read a well-written fanfiction a while back that proposed that Angela was a member of the Grey Folk race. Angela being Tenga's apprentice might imply that he was/is more powerful than she (a Grey Folk).

But that's just a theory.

A FILM T what ok, book? Yeah ok
~ 99
Posted Feb 1, 18 · Last edited Feb 1, 18 by Hellomynam...
Dragon Eggs:
+1
You mean tenga being angela's master?
Posted Feb 1, 18 · OP
Shop Tokens:
+26,290
Dragon Eggs:
+581
You mean tenga being angela's master?
Angela being Tenga's apprentice, yes
~ 99
Posted Feb 1, 18
Dragon Eggs:
+4
I don't think Angela is one of the Grey folk, I think she's the human from Galbatorixes Ilirea story, it fits best :d
Posted Feb 5, 18
Dragon Eggs:
+4
Plus, as I've just discovered, she's actually referred to as 'Seer' in brisingr by the mysterious strangers that Eragon blesses

"Train hard, strike first, Seer. "
Posted Feb 11, 18
Dragon Eggs:
+1
Most likely because she was a fortune teller in Teirm. She also could sort of tell the future using the dragon knucklebones.
Posted Feb 11, 18 · OP
Dragon Eggs:
+4
But it would make sense if she's good at being a fortune teller because she was the one exposed to the magic rift in Illirea.

I also think that there is a suspicious amount of detail in the telling of that story when Galbatorix does, that Paolini wouldn't have just put it in there to make a small comparison to Nasuada
Posted Feb 11, 18
Top Posters
2534 Posts
725 Posts
Hotline_101 Grandmaster
652 Posts
ArcWraith Retired
345 Posts
TorchwoodRC Grandmaster
344 Posts
fredo747 Master